We at the Temple of Witchcraft have been looking for ways to do outreach so our distant members can feel connected to the greater work of the Temple. The Pisces ministry presents a full moon circle here at the Temple’s home in Salem, New Hampshire, every month. This year our focus for those moon circles is spell work. We were inspired to produce some spells that will be used at the Temple full moons and make them available to all our initiates and friends to join us. Each of spell has the intention of creating a better world for us all. You may feel free to join us as is appropriate for your own circumstances. You might join us for all of them or just a few. We hope you will take us up on the opportunity to join in on the Great Work.
Since we are doing spells, each one may require you to get supplies ready to cast the spell with us. All the supplies for the next month are listed in the postscript of the month before to give you time to acquire any necessary supplies. We have attempted to make them as simple, but still effective, as possible to make these available to the most people.
We will also be working with the thirteen goals of the witch in person and also in our journals throughout the lunar month. We will provide some journal prompts for you if you want to join in.
Libra Full Moon
Goal of the witch: Achieve balance.
- What does the word “balance” mean to you?
- Is balance a static state or does it change with the circumstances?
- Are there times where balance is not useful?
- How do you regain balance?
- How do you help others achieve balance? Can it be done without loosing your own?
- What would it be like if you could maintain your balance in every situation?
- How would you get to a place like that?
Sigil for Beneficial Government
Inspired by Sigil Witchery by Laura Tempest Zakroff, I created this sigil for Beneficial Government:
Here are the list of attributes and corresponding symbols used to represent them.
- Justice: the scales of Libra
- Awareness: The eye
- Enlightenment: The eye within the triangle, rays descending from above.
- Compassion: the heart and shower
- Equality: circle and scales
- Fair rulers: Jupiter sigil
- Fair distribution of wealth and blessings: Showers
- Awareness of the earth and its needs: The earth cross or solar cross.
I combined these symbols into the sigil above. To enact this magic draw, trace, or print this sigil. I drew mine in blue then outlined it in silver but you can use what ever colors speak to you. Charge it in circle using what ever method totes your goats. Release the sigil’s energies to be manifest in the world by destroying the sigil by burning it or—if you are not an indoor burner—rip it up and burn it later. When the ashes are cool, bury them in dirt if you can to ground it into being.
Virgo lead minister
Post script: For the next full moon’s spell you will need a print out of the Tarot card Justice, a white seven-day candle, Modge Podge or glue, and some markers.