The Temple of Witchcraft offers a variety of individual services locally and is working hard to expand our efforts in various areas.
Currently, beyond religious rituals and educational opportunities, Temple ministers offer the following to the neopagan community:
- Rites of Passage: Ministers in the Temple of Witchcraft tradition are trained in facilitating rituals to mark the important milestones and life changes within our community. Those interesting in working with a Temple minister on a rite of passage should fill out the Request for Rite of Passage form online. Every ministry has a different style and structure with such rituals, and will work with you for an appropriate expression of the rite. Traditional pagan Rites of Passage include:
- Wiccaning: A ritual for young child, to bless, protect and consecrate that child.
- Coming of Age: A rite for boys and girls ranging from early teens to early twenties, signifying entering into the role and responsibilities of adulthood.
- Handfasting: A ceremony of commitment between a couple. The ritual can be a spiritual union only, or a legally binding marriage if such option is available in your area. The Temple welcomes all relationships of love – straight, gay and polyamorous.
- Croning & Saging: A ritual of elderhood for women (Croning) or men (Saging) indicating entry into the phase of life that is marked by wisdom, maturity and mentorship.
- Crossing: Rituals to aid an individual in passing from this life into the next life in the realm of spirit.
- Funeral: A ceremony not only for the dead but for the living, to mourn and celebrate the life of the deceased.
- Spiritual Counsel: Some ministers offer spiritual counseling and a wide range of healing services, dependent upon the minister. Spiritual counsel is often done in conjunction with divination techniques and readings such as Tarot, Runes, Ogham, Scrying and Mediumship. Contact [email protected] for more information.
- Spiritual Healing: Ministers are also available for spiritual healing in the Witchcraft traditions supplemented with complimentary modalities including energy work, Reiki, guided meditation, herbalism, flower essences, crystal therapy and core shamanism. The Temple also maintains an online Healing List for those in need of such work from a distance. Contact [email protected] for more information.
- Prison Ministry: The Prison Ministry Program is available to provide written communication and support those who are currently incarcerated. The program primarily matches ministers and volunteers to be “pen pals” for those partaking in the program. Contact [email protected] for more information or write to: Temple of Witchcraft Prison Ministry, PO Box 23183, Santa Ana, CA 92711.
- Military Outreach: The Military Outreach Program is available to provide written and/or electronic communication, supplies and support to those who are currently serving in any branch of the United States Military. Contact [email protected] for more information.
The Temple attempts to match inquiries with a minister appropriate for your need and location whenever possible. Please write to [email protected] for general questions and more information about the service that interests you. An inquiry or even a referral is not a guarantee of service.
As a 501(c)3 federal religious nonprofit, the Temple of Witchcraft ordains ministers to serve the community and further the Great Work. In addition to our referrals (via [email protected]) some ordained ministers wish to publicly list their availability for services and events. Visit our Ordained Ministers page for more information.