The Temple of Witchcraft continues to exist due to the hard work and energy of a dedicated core of volunteers. The Temple and its Ministries are always in need of volunteers willing to contribute their time, energy, and expertise to our Great Work. Those interested in volunteering should fill out the Volunteer Registration Form (scroll down to the bottom of this page) for more information and to be put in touch with the appropriate ministry.
Specific volunteer opportunities within the Temple include (but are not necessarily limited to) the following:
- Data Entry: The Taurus Ministry can use assistance on data entry into our database system for Temple membership.
- Drummers: The Leo Ministry wants drummers (and other musicians) for larger rituals and wants to establish a core drum group for Temple events and to develop new music and beats. You can fill out the volunteer form, or just attend one of our regular drum circles (on the Temple Calendar) to get involved.
- Environmentalism: The Taurus Ministry is looking for volunteers who would like to aid the Lead Minister in a variety of environmental projects and education.
- Groundskeeping/Landscaping: The Taurus Ministry needs volunteers able to assist with groundskeeping and landscaping projects at the Temple’s home in Salem, NH. Volunteers should be able-bodied and capable of outdoor work. This can be one-time or on an ongoing basis.
- Healing: The Virgo Ministry needs volunteers to assist its healing work, including, but not limited to, healing clinics and healing arts circles. Experience in different healing modalities is preferred, but not required.
- Higher Education: The Libra Ministry needs a volunteer to help coordinate higher education classes and workshops presented by the Temple.
- Military Outreach: The Aries Ministry is looking for past and present members of the armed services for outreach to pagans currently serving in the military.
- Parking: The Aries Ministry needs volunteers to assist in coordinating parking at events (for about 45 minutes prior to the event).
- Pen Pals: The Temple Prison Ministry needs volunteers to correspond with pagan inmates in need of outside contact and support. Correspondence can be handled anonymously using pseudonyms through the Prison Ministry. Email Alura Rose at email@example.com. The Aries Ministry also needs volunteers for outreach to pagans currently serving in the military.
- Public Relations: The Libra Ministry is looking for a volunteer to do PR work locally in the Massachusetts and New Hampshire area to help promote the Temple and its events and build connections with local media and community.
- Raffle Items: The Temple runs a regular raffle at our Sabbats, and we’re always looking for new and unique items to be donated for the raffle to help raise funds. Contact our Raffle Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire or donate.
- Set Up/Take Down: Assistance is needed with setting up and breaking down before and after events, particularly sabbats.
- TempleFest: The Temple’s summer festival is in need of volunteers and support, and offers scholarships and discounts to those willing to volunteer their time to help us run our largest event of the year. See the TempleFest page for more information.
- Temple Store: The Temple runs a “Temple Store” selling books, incense, potions, and other items of witchcraft interest and use during various events. The Virgo Ministry is interested in volunteers willing to work the Temple Store during events to assist community members with their purchases. Volunteers will still be able to participate in ritual events, as the Temple Store is only “open” during breaks and before and after ritual events.
- Video Production: The Gemini Ministry needs volunteers with audio-visual and particularly webcasting or webinar experience or skills.
- Writing & Art: The Gemini Ministry needs writers and artists to work on The Temple Bell newsletter. We’re looking for articles, poetry, art, photos, and reviews. Email email@example.com for complete submission guidelines.
If you are interested in volunteering with the Temple please fill out the following form and our Volunteer Coordinator will get in touch with you. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org with your information.